Expo 2017 Astana has come to an end.
The Pavilion of the Netherlands welcomed more than 200.000 visitors during the three months (10 June – 10 September) of Expo 2017 Astana.
The huge success of our pavilion was the hard work of our wonderful team! We had a pro-active, enthusiastic, motivated and always smiling team. According to the Chairman of Expo we were an ‘active pavilion’.
We welcomed different business leaders like the CEO from Shell Mr. Ben van Beurden, Head of States like the King of Spain HM Felipe VI and the Prime Minister of Kazakhstan Mr. B. Sagintayev and many other ministers, commissioners and representatives of companies and institutions.
We hosted different seminars and events in our pavilion. From the Holland Innovation Challenge seminar during our National Day to an event for KLM with >100 persons.
Besides that we hosted and organized two press conferences:
- 80Day Race: this press conference was about the zero emission vehicle rally which will (hopefully) start in 2019 in Paris. During the press conference in our pavilion the announcement was made that after Paris, Astana will be the second host city.
- The second press conference we hosted was about the re-introduction of the Amur tiger in Kazachstan, together with World Wildlife Fund and the Minister of Agriculture of Kazakhstan.
Last but not least:
- together with our partner Shell we organized a children’s day at Expo
- with huge success we participated in the “Happy” video. An initiative from Switzerland and Austria. Our pavilion helped with the execution of the video
- we won GOLD in the Poland Expo soccer tournament. A joint team of Shell and our Dutch pavilion